Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Super Confetti Quinoa

 
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1/2 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 ¼ cups water
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
2 kale leaves chopped
½ cup raw sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds, mixed with ½ cup water
1-2 tbs sunflower oil (olive oile works too)

Combine the chia seeds with the 1/2 cup of water and set aside. Heat a skillet to medium, and lightly coat with 1/2 tbs of oil. Add quinoa and toast for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. In a separate larger pan, heat 1 tbs of oil spray medium heat then sautee the onion and garlic, cook for 5-7 minutes. Next add the toasted quinoa and 1 1/4 c. of water to onion garlic. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 30 to 35 minutes.

While the quinoa is cooking combine carrot, kale sunflower seeds and seasonings in a bowl then add to the quinoa mixture along with the chia seed water mixture and cook until the water is absorbed.

Once the quinoa is cooked and the kale is soft it is ready! This tastes amazing with hummus and fresh cucumber or even a sliced bell pepper! I would suggest using a tortilla instead of flat bread because the quinoa falls out of the flat bread. I will be making this again very soon as a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment