Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lemon Poppy Seed Waffles

There is nothing like a warm breakfast after a nice long walk in the cold.  A couple times a week my friend Jessica and I will take our pups out for an early morning walk up the old highway. It is a wonderful way to start the day and get exercise for us and the dogs. It is about a 30 minute walk up and 15 minutes down so by the time I get home I am good and hungry. These lemon poppy seed waffles were just what I needed when I got back home. This recipe is a nice twist on waffles so give it a shot. It was super easy and of course YUMMY! 
Ingredients
Makes 4 waffles

1 egg
1 cup almond milk
1 tbs lemon extract
zest from 1/2 lemon

1 1/2 cups of wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbs sugar
1 tbs poppy seeds

Mix the wet ingredients together in a small bowl. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. Place in a waffle iron or on a skillet for pancakes. Garnish with lemon zest, a dab of butter and syrup! 



No comments:

Post a Comment