Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Friday, January 25, 2013

Watermelon Radish & Citrus Salad

I think I have found my favorite raw winter salad. We have been getting lots and lots of radishes in our CSA vegetable share but they aren't something I use often when cooking. I have been trying to get creative and find creative ways to use them but I have been slacking on my radish recipes. This week we got a few oranges and more radishes which reminded me of a salad I saw in a cookbook. I made a few additions to the recipe and added a dressing. This combination of raw vegetables and fruit is such a tasty salad and it is great for you. 
Ingredients
3 watermelon radishes, peeled
1 large jicama, peeled
2 oranges, peeled
1 cucumber

Dressing
3 tbs orange juice

juice from lemon juice
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs dijon mustard

Slice the watermelon radish and cucumber into very thin slices and cut in half again into crescents  Peel the oranges making sure to reserve a few pieces to juice for the dressing. You only need is 3 tbs so juice cut first then squeeze the juice. After you peel the jicama cut it into rectangular slices. Mix all these ingredients in a bowl and set aside.

Mix the dressing fixins in a small bowl then toss the salad with a little dressing at a time. Enjoy cold. 


*I served it over lettuce but it also makes a great salad on its own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment