Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kabocha Squash & Chocolate Chip & Raisin Bread

Kobocha Squash is another goody that we have been getting in our CSA box every week. The kobocha squash is a Japanese pumpkin that has a yummy sweet taste just like the pumpkin we all know. 
I have been playing around with a few different recipes like Kobocha Squash Risotto but nothing beats a good ol loaf of sweet bread! This recipe makes a great dessert or a yummy breakfast treat.

This recipe calls for half a cooked kobocha squash. Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds and place in a baking dish with 1/2 cup water, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 1 hour. Peel off the skin and set aside to cool. If you dont have a kobocha squash use a small baking pumpkin.



Ingredients
Preheat the oven to 350. 
  • 2 cups wheat flour 
  • 1/2 cup wheat bran
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon


    Mix the above dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
  • 2 cups cooked kobocha squash (or pumpkin)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup cane sugar
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla

    Place all of the above wet ingredients into a large food processor and mix until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips

    Fold in the raisins and chocolate chips. Pour batter into a non-stick baking dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment