Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wheat Bran Chai Muffins



If you are a fan of chai I totally suggest you get yourself from David Rio Tiger Spice Chai or Elephant Vanilla Chai! This powdered chai is great in oatmeal, lattes, pancakes and more! I decided to throw some chai into some muffins and they came out quite delicious!

I don't make my muffins too sweet so taste the batter before adding the eggs and add more to your liking. 




Ingredients
  • 3 tbs powdered chai
  • 1/2 cup oat flour (place oats in a food processor until flour like texture)
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup wheat bran
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup almond milk 
  • 2 tbs brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used macadamia nut)
Preheat the over to 350. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Use a fork and make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet slowly stirring with the fork. Once everything is mixed well fold in the nuts. Pour the batter into a non-stick muffin tin or bread pan. Bake for 25 minutes. 


*You may want to adjust the baking time and salt, powder, soda combo based on your altitude. My measurements are for 6000ft. 



No comments:

Post a Comment