Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Romesco Sauce



Romesco Sauce (raw)
Makes 1 1/2 cups
Ingredients

1/2 cup almonds
1 red bell pepper
2 vine ripe tomatoes
1 tbs red wine vinegar
1 tbs olive oil

Place the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the almonds are finely chopped. 

You can use this sauce on pasta, as a dip, on white fish or pretty much anyway you want it. 

My favorite way to use this romesco sauce it mixed with roasted eggplant and chickpeas. I really like the raw vegetable crunch so I usually just toss it with something delicious and enjoy. 

Roasted Eggplant & Chickpeas with Romesco Sauce

Makes 4-5 cups
Ingredients
1 eggplant, cubed (3-4 cups)
1 tbs olive oil
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups of romesco sauce

Set the oven to a low broil. Coat the eggplant with 1 tbs olive oil or spray. Broil for 5-6 minutes tossing every few minutes. One the eggplant has softened place it in a mixing bowl with the chickpeas and seasoning. Mix the eggplant and chickpeas with romesco sauce and serve. 





No comments:

Post a Comment