Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tempeh and Pinto Bean Soft Tacos

I don't like to use fake meat products when cooking but I really like texture in my tacos and burritos. I was introduced to tempeh a few years ago and it was just what I needed to get that ground meat texture. Tempeh is a soy product made out of fermented soy beans and it is a great addition that is packed full of protein. This is a very easy recipe that takes very little time and effort to make.
If you like the tempeh tacos you should try my Black Bean & Tempeh Lettuce Wrap recipe.
Ingredients
Makes 4 -6 servings


1/3 cup onions, diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
8 oz tempeh
1/3 cup water
taco seasoning (see recipe below)
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed 
1 tbs lime juice
1/4 cup chopped cilantro


In a saute pan heat 1 tbs of olive oil to low/medium heat. Saute the onions and garlic for 3 minutes. Crumble the tempeh into the pan and add in the taco seasoning and water. Cook on low while you warm up the pinto beans. Place the beans, cilantro and lime juice in a small pot and warm on low. Season with salt and pepper. Once you warm your tortillas and place your toppings on it starting with the tempeh and the beans. Place the rest of your fixins on the tortilla then top with the avocado cream sauce.   

Fixins
shredded cheddar cheese
 green onions
raw onion
diced tomatoes with cilantro
soft taco tortillas
Avocado Cream Sauce
1 very ripe avocado

1 tbs of chalula or taco sauce
6 oz of plain greek yogurt
Mix the ingredients together until smooth.






Taco seasoning
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp lime juice
Place in a small bowl and mix together until all clumps are gone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment