Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Stuffed Bell Peppers - Eggplant, Chickpea & Romesco

I have been loving on this romesco sauce recipe! It makes a great addition to so many different things. I most enjoy it with eggplant and chickpeas as mentioned on the post.  It makes a great side dish but I wanted something more to do with it so I decided to stuff some peppers. 

Ingredients


1 eggplant, cubed (3-4 cups)
2 tbs olive oil
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 small eggplant, cubed (makes 3-4 cups)
1 1/2 cups of romesco sauce (minus the bell pepper)

4 bell peppers
1/4 cup water
3/4 cups parmeasn or asiago cheese


Set the oven to a low broil. Coat the eggplant with 2 tbs olive oil or spray. Broil for 5-6 minutes tossing every few minutes. One the eggplant has softened place it in a mixing bowl with the chickpeas. Mix the eggplant and chickpeas with romesco sauce. 

Preheat oven to 425. Place the bell peppers in a baking pan place 1 tbs of cheese in the bottom of the pepper then fill with eggplant mixture. Top with 1-2 more tbs of cheese. Add 1/4 cup of water in bottom of the baking dish after you stuff the peppers. Bake for 45 minutes. 
Since I was stuffing bell peppers I decided to leave out the bell pepper from the romesco sauce. I try stuffing bell peppers whenever I can but without using meat it is hard to tell how if will turn out. This was a great idea and it was so delicious and filling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment