Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Roasted Carrots

I'm always looking for good healthy side dish to go with my entrees. I had some extra carrots in the fridge and decided to try roasting them. I was serving the carrots with black bean veggie burgers so I thought I should stick to the same flavors. I threw this little dish together and well it turned out pretty good.  

5-6 carrots 
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp cumin
1 tbs lime juice
pinch of salt & pepper

Preheat the oven to 400. Peel your carrots and cut into 1/4 inch diagonal slices. Toss the carrots in olive oil then the seasoning and lime juice. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Make sure you stir up the carrots while they are cooking or else they will burn a little like in the picture below. It is quite a fun twist on carrots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment