Welcome to Yummy Fixins!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. My name is Arica, I am a Personal Chef serving the Lake Tahoe area. Please visit my new website at www.yummyfixins.com

Cooking is my passion, I love spending time in the kitchen creating yummy dishes. I originally created this blog to share healthy yummy recipes with my friends and family but now I'm sharing them with the world. Most of the dishes you will find here are very healthy and can be altered to fit any dietary restrictions. I hope you will find something delicious!


Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fennel & Apple Salad with Lemon Vinagrette

Fennel is loaded with vitamin C, fiber and potassium and is great for your liver. It is a very new vegetable to me but I first I was a little close minded. I was told it had a strong licorice flavor and I am not a fan of licorice. This is the second dish I have made with fennel and I have to say I like it a lot! The licorice flavor is not as bad as I thought it would be so I totally suggest giving it a try!
This first fennel dish I made was on a pizza with mushrooms and caramelized onions... YUM! Tonight I decide to eat it raw with a salad and I am so excited about this recipe. It is such a delicious combination of flavors. 

Ingredients
Makes 4 small salads
1 apple, sliced
1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cucumber, sliced
1/2 bulb of fennel, shaved
4 cups mixed greens

Dressing
Mix ingredients below in a small bowl.
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tbs olive oil
3 tbs red wine vinegar
1 small shallot, diced


Toss the apple, cranberries, fennel and cucumber
 in the dressing. Top the mixed greens with the mixture making sure to scoop some of the dressing as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment